New Zealand Zinwell Information
- If you have acquired a Zinwell Freeview Device within the last few years the software may not be up to date as the updates are not broadcast over the air now.
- The Zinwell ZMT-620-HD,ZMT-640PVR,ZMT-630 are not actively sold these days from retailers and usually only available second hand
- In the past you could contact the distribitors (Next Electronics) of the Zinwell 620,630,630 and pay them to update it for you but they have gone into recievership a while ago
- It is not known (if anyone) who are now the local distributors of Zinwell in New Zealand or who services the warranty
- I have tried to contact Zinwell in Taiwan regarding the firmware and have had no response from them. As you can see in the links section when I was contacting them about the GPL Violation it seems they never reply to anyone
- These are for updating a Zinwell Device only. Full Installs (in case of bricking a Zinwell) are not available.
- The firmware files are given with NO Warranty and may brick/break your unit so beware but it has not killed any units as far as I know. Don't blame me if it does. USE AT OWN RISK
- A big thanks from an anonymous source as these files are very hard (impossible) to find
ZMT 640PVR Software (1.2.2)
ZMT 640PVR Software (1.2.4)
To install this:
You place the file on a USB Stick.
Select Menu.. System.. Information and then press red button
Choose the file
a Factory Reset/Reboot may be needed after this (recordings will not be deleted)
ZMT 630 Software (1.2.1)
ZMT 620 Software (1.2.1) Note: If upgrading from above Version 1.0.7 use this file
ZMT 620 Software (1.0.7) Note: If upgrading from under Version 1.0.7 upgrade to this file first then upgrade to 1.2.1 Above
ZMT 620HD Manual
ZMT 620 Quick Setup Guide
ZMT 620HD/640PVR GPL Source Code
About Zinwell and their GPL Violation